I am Miguel, a maths major who enjoys Behavioural Sciences, with a special interest in understanding knowledge / Pricing Information and applying it to system design, like Nicky Case did to Voting Systems or me developing my own forecasting platform from the ground up, Quest Powered.
If you have any big ( and potentially costly ) decision and investment to make, Douglas Hubbard’s Framework laid out in his book How to Measure Anything provides the best approach to doing it properly. Read a short introduction to Expected Opportunity Loss if you wish to try it alone, and reach out if you want to discuss this.
- You need a maths tutor.
- My background fits a project you want to develop.
- There is a potentially costly decision you need to make under a lot of uncertainty.
- You would like to debate ideas on:
- Improving our education system by standardizing tools such as Anki for more efficient learning, encouraging Problem Solving over root memorization or any other ideas you might have.
- Developing a system for community priority settings, which allows for balancing the effort of a goal with its rewards.
- Building a Vector Search Algorithm. The closest I have seen to this is Binary Space Partition Trees, but they don’t exactly solve the problem of finding the nearest vector. I sitll need to work on this.
- Quest Powered, my own forecasting platform.